Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro Dogma
Jonathan Drew simply states that this blend is "straight fire."
Allow us to elaborate.
The Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro Dogma was born of a collaboration with the Cigar Dojo online community. The original Undercrown Dojo Dogma came out in 2014 on the first birthday of Cigar Dojo.
This is a special edition, however. As Eric Guttormsom explains: How could we possibly follow-up the original Undercrown DOGMA? We did it by taking our Cigar of the Year from 2017 and DOGMA-fying it!
More precisely, the 2020 edition of the Undercrown Dojo Dogma Maduro is also an amped-up variation on the delicious Undercrown Corona Viva blend. Accordingly, the Undercrown Maduro Dogma features a Mexican San Andres wrapper, a Connecticut Habano binder, and a long-filler blend of Nicaraguan and Brazilian tobacco. These tobaccos are then rolled into a dark 6 x 56 toro cigar that's box-pressed and laid into a handsome cigar 10-pack petaca.
The box combines the logos of Drew Estate and Cigar Dojo in a gorgeous gold color against blue. Seriously, when you pull out this pack, you'll be proud of what you're holding. Like everything the Drew Estate artists get their hands on, this box is slick, aesthetic, and makes anyone look just that much cooler.
Please browse our selection of Undercrown Maduro Dogma cigars at your leisure.
- What are the flavors like?
- Chocolate, leather, earth, pepper
- What's the strength level?
- Who is this cigar for?
- People who love an amped-up and spicy Maduro blend
- Will I want to smoke it to the nub?
- You'll have to hang with it. Are you into muscley smokes?
- What's a good pairing with it?
- How about a Bulleit Blenders' Select? Tons of flavor and more than a match for a potent, complex smoke like the Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro Dogma
- What's the best time/place to smoke this cigar?
- Cigar Dojo says to never smoke alone, so bust out this pack with your cigar buddies.
- Any flaws/downsides?
- Limited editions could always dry up, so they make us a little wistful when we enjoy them knowing that they might not be here next year.
Great smoke as you would expect from Drew Estate.
Hoping for Improvement
I just got these very recently from Cigars Direct and have not smoked one yet. But i have had about a half dozen that I got from a different site. Those cigars arrived slightly dried-out and most have had issues with uneven burning even after over a year in the humidor. But I absolutely love the flavor of the Dogma. They have a nice sweetness to them. Not an artificial sweetness like you get in an Acid, but a nice natural tobacco sweetness. My experience with Cigars Direct is that my cigars always arrive in beautiful condition, so I'm hoping for improvement in this batch. If so, I would raise the Dogma to a 5-star smoke.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.