Foundation Wiseman Maduro Firecracker Short Robusto
This Foundation Wiseman Maduro Firecracker Short Robusto cigar is made in Nicaragua. Outside, you'll find a San Andres wrapper. Inside, the binder is Nicaraguan Corojo, and the filler is Nicaraguan. This is a Short Robusto cigar with a length of 3.50 and a ring gauge of 50.
Foundation Wiseman Maduro Firecracker cigars take the 95-point smoke that tore up the 2018 “best of” lists and brings it into a fun, compact format that’s perfect as a party smoke when you don’t want to be locked down for hours.
Cigar Aficionado blessed Foundation’s Wiseman Maduro and gushed about the smoking experience in a glowing review. They described it as “full-bodied without being too strong and interesting from the first puff to last.” As for flavors, they called out “cocoa and vanilla notes” and “meaty, beef-stock qualities, all integrated by an ever-present earthiness.” It has a lot going on, but it works quite well together, trust us.
The leaf inside the Foundation Wiseman Maduro Firecracker cigar was grown by Aganorsa Leaf, one of the hotter names in Nicaraguan tobacco. And that’s saying something, given that the other names are Padrón, My Father, Oliva, Plasencia, Drew Estate and so many other luminaries. Joining the Nica leaf together with Mexican San Andrés tobacco really worked out. The Mexican leaf is known for its peppery kick, but through fermentation, growers can draw out balance and sweetness to make it something worthy of wrapping in the finest blends.
Firecracker cigars are made by a number of different brands. The name is a description of shape and size, not of flavor or of a particular tobacco blend. Originally, these were something put out by Don Pepin Garcia and sold exclusively at certain shops, but the concept took off, and now many companies are in on the fun of cigars with “wicks.” United Cigar leads the way but has joined up with brands like Foundation to offer Firecrackers of many kinds.
This one is probably the highest quality Firecracker at the time of this writing. Grab yours before they explode!
- What are the flavors like? Cocoa and vanilla, earth, beef stock.
- What’s the strength level? Full.
- Who is this cigar for? Foundation Wiseman Maduro Firecracker cigars are for people who want a fun cigar with a really high-quality blend behind it.
- Will I want to smoke it to the nub? This one will have you hanging on every puff.
- What’s a good pairing with it? A 4th of July cooler beer. A Negra Modelo would be really refreshing here.
- What’s the best time/place to smoke this cigar? At a holiday barbeque or summer party
- Any flaws/downsides? They end fast!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.