Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No.1 Toro
Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No.1 Toro cigar is made in Nicaragua. Outside, you'll find an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. Inside, the binder is San Andres, and the filler is Various. This is a Toro cigar with a length of 6.00 and a ring gauge of 52.
Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No. 1 cigars are part of a 4-blend series that is just bonkers. The whole line is billed as the first “luxury pipe tobacco cigar”. The jury may be out on if the company hit the mark, but all the ingredients are there for sure. Like each of the StillWell Star cigar blends, the Aromatic No. 1 is built around an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, a Mexican San Andres binder “Cultivo Tonto,” and a three-country filler blend that likely includes Nicaraguan tobacco.
Then comes the pipe tobacco!
Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No. 1 cigars add in “the finest of aromatic Black Cavendish, Golden Virginia and Burley pipe tobaccos”. Altogether, the blend provides a “delightfully smooth and exceptionally room pleasing note.” This has always been a nice bonus of pipe tobacco. Unlike a lot of cigars, pipe aroma tends to be reviewed fairly well by non-smokers and has been the characteristic smell of many a grandfather’s lounges.
Each cigar is delicately finished with a “Cabeza Dulce” or sweet tip to really bring in the pipe experience. The flavors of the Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No. 1 cigar don’t disappoint. Along with the first swirl of sweetness, you’ll get vanilla pudding, cherry cordials, milk chocolate, and floral coffee. It’s a heady mix, but what else would you expect from something this out there?
All in all, it’s quite close to an infused cigar, while still staying on the tobacco side of the road. The herbal flavors don’t quite dominate like they might with a Drew Estate ACID. Instead, you get Saka’s best-balanced take on a pipe tobacco cigar that aims high for quality. After his decades in the cigar business and as a pipe tobacco enthusiast, we think he was definitely the right man for the job. Along with his partner Jeremy Reeves, the head blender of the famed pipe tobacco maker Cornell & Diehl, they’ve really hit the mark.
A boring cigar this is NOT.
Please browse our selection of Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No. 1 cigars at your leisure.
- What are the flavors like? Sweetness, vanilla pudding, cherries, floral coffee
- What’s the strength level? Mild-medium
- Who is this cigar for? Dunbarton StillWell Star Aromatic No. 1 cigars are for people who want a pipe tobacco cigar that aims high.
- Will I want to smoke it to the nub? It’s such a nice balanced take on the concept. We think most people won’t be able to put it down.
- What’s a good pairing with it? Something from your grandfather’s liquor cabinet. How about an Old Granddad Manhattan.
- What’s the best time/place to smoke this cigar? When you’re trying to channel the past
- Any flaws/downsides? This is probably a special occasion smoke for most people, not an everyday thing.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.